- Business-to-business: For an excellent business-to-business public relations campaign.
- Community Relations: For community relations campaigns not conducted by government/local authorities.
- Corporate responsibility: For excellence and leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Environmental: A public relations campaign on an environmental issue with substantial results on society.
- Financial services: Use of public relations for a financial product or service.
- Healthcare: For an outstanding public relations campaign in the pharmaceuticals or healthcare industry.
- Investor relations: Use of public relations and communication in the investor relations space.
- NGO campaign: For an effective public relations campaign by a charity or non-governmental organisation targeting a specific issue. Reduced entry fee for registered charities entering in-house – the Non-Profit Organisation Number must appear on the entry form – not entered by the consultancy – for details please contact email@example.com.
- Public Affairs: A well-planned and orchestrated public affairs (lobbying) campaign that clearly influenced or changed public policy.
- Public Relations on a shoestring: For an imaginative public relations campaign done on a small budget.
- Public sector: For an effective public sector (local authorities, councils, government departments or government authorities) campaign that used public relations tactics to raise knowledge or awareness of an issue or change behaviour.
- Resources: For the successful use of public relations in the resources industries.
- Sponsorship: For an innovative public relations campaign that promoted or created awareness of sponsorship of an event or activity.
- Technology: For the effective use of public relations in the technology sector, including business-to-business and consumer campaigns.
- Travel & tourism: For the successful use of public relations in the transport, travel, hotel or tourism industries.
- Arts and entertainment: For a PR campaign in arts or entertainment.
- Food and beverage: For a PR campaign to promote a new or existing food or beverage.
- Gaming and virtual reality: For a PR campaign that launched a development in the gaming or VR industry.
- Sport: For the successful use of public relations to promote a sport for itself or to a community.
- Best use of an event to build / change reputation (Event management): For the planning and delivery of a successful event with a public relations dimension.
- Social Media as the primary method of Communication (best use of social to lead a campaign): For excellence in the use of social media as a public relations tool.
- Corporate communication: For excellence in enhancing a company’s overall reputation through corporate communication. The campaign must take place over a period of time (at least 6 months) and not rely solely on a launch date.
- Crisis management (specific scoring criteria): Example of excellent communication management during a crisis. Statement of the Problem/ Opportunity (20), Methodology including planning (20), Execution (40), Evaluation (20)
- Crisis Communication Online: For excellence in the use of digital media during a crisis
- Internal or employee communication: For a creative internal communication campaign that engaged and informed personnel.
- Publications: For public relations publications such as newsletters or magazines that showed excellence and imagination in communicating with stakeholders. This can be in a print or electronic format. Statement of Problem/ Opportunity (30), Research (10), Execution (30), Evaluation (30)
- Media relations: For effective traditional media relations in a public relations campaign.
- Consumer public relations for an existing product, service or category. For imaginative public relations activities around a consumer product.
- Digital media relations: For a public relations campaign showing creativity in its use of digital media.
- Influencer management: For a PR campaign that made use of identified influencers beyond traditional media.
- Integration of traditional and new media: For the creative integration of traditional and social media in a PR campaign.
- International campaign: For a co-ordinated public relations campaign in more than one country.
- Reputation and brand management: For the creative positioning a company image or brand.
- Best up-and-coming agency
- Best small public relations consultancy
- Best mid-sized public relations consultancy
- Best large public relations consultancy
- Best Up-and-coming Public Relations Professional
- Best Public Relations Professional
- Influencer of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Campaigns of the Year
- Pan African Campaign of the Year
- South African Campaign of the Year